Need Help transporting rods in the truck

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Bay' started by marclom, Sep 21, 2017.

1. marclom

marclom Angler

To those who own a truck, any ideas for fishing rod storage/holder? I saw these Duha truck accessories that are built for storing hunting equipment and other tools. I like them because they are being placed underneath the backseat so they won't take much space. Is this a good solution? I'm also thinking of just putting my rods in the truck bed. Any holder ideas out there? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

2. Luckily I don't have this problem often as I'm a fly guy and most of my rods come with tubes. However, I do use spinning rods and had this issue. I've had a few rods damaged by laying them in the truck. So, I used 3 different options. 1. A rod vault (commercial and pricey) that mounts to the roof. The plus is, it's secure and safe and lockable. 2. A hitch mount rack. It takes the place of the hitch. Sort of like the surf guys rack just off the back. 3. A large diameter PVC tube. I lined the inside with foam for padding. A screw cap kept them secure and I was able to transport 6-8 one piece rods (minus the Reels). I can't remember if it was a 6" or 8" tube. Just ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using The Technical Fisherman

John Peake likes this.
  3. John Peake

John Peake Angler

4. marclom

marclom Angler

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I like the idea of using some PVC pipes.

John Peake likes this.