Need Help Lowrance wifi & iPhone compatibility

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Bay' started by dbarker, Aug 8, 2017.

1. dbarker

dbarker Contributing Angler Supporting TechFish!

Last fall I got spoiled using Navionics SonarChart Live dynamically mapping my upper bay fishing structures. I was using a Lowrance wifi-1 module hooked up to my HDS Gen 2 to gather depth data for the Navionics app. As soon as I upgraded to an iPhone 7+ the wifi connection was no longer reliable. The iPhone (now running IOS 10.3.3) cannot stay connected to the Lowrance's wifi signal. It randomly drops it after 1-7 minutes of connection and will not automatically reconnect. It is frustrating. This never happens with my iPhone to any other wifi network.

I have gone through Apple tech support all the way to a senior tech, there is no problem with my phone. The senior tech thinks the wifi router (Lowrance WIFI-1 module) needs a firmware update.

Lowrance tech support is no help. I sent back my old wifi module and they sent me a new one (at half retail since my unit was more than a year old). This new unit has the same problem.

My question is anyone else connecting to a Lowrance head unit with an iPhone through wifi. Is your connection robust? What generation head unit (Gen 2, Gen 3, or Carbon)?

Thanks

2. Travis Long

Travis Long Angler

I'll be able to let you know in a few weeks.