Enjoyable Read

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing' started by dbarker, May 11, 2016.

1. dbarker

dbarker Contributing Angler Supporting TechFish!

[​IMG]
    A series of monthly stories at various stages of Brett's life as he fishes the local waters. Highly recommend.

Don

Sent from my iPhone using The Technical Fisherman

Frank Bonanno likes this.
  2. Capt Mike Starrett

Capt Mike Starrett TechFish Pro Supporting Hooked Up!

looks interesting..ordered it.

Capt Mike

dbarker likes this.
  3. M. A. Bange

M. A. Bange Angler

I purchased this book from the author last winter at a Kent Island fishing show. It is a very good read about local fly angling but it is not a "how to" book. Gaba discusses the joy of casting for bass and pan fish in Eastern Shore ponds and the satisfaction of catching stripers in tidal waters on the fly. He also discusses the detours in his angling pursuits caused by the demands of life we all face as we mature. It has the flavor of John Gierach's fly fishing writings with a local slant that includes recipes of Chesapeake dishes and iconic Chesapeake Bay photos from Aubrey Bodine. I highly recommend it.

dbarker likes this.
  4. Rocks & Rye

Rocks & Rye Angler

5. Capt Mike Starrett

OK finished it, now for sale. Really nice read BTW.

Capt Mike

6. marclom

marclom Angler

Definitely a great book. You don't have to be a fisherman to enjoy it.

7. John Peake

John Peake Angler

8. Capt Mike Starrett

Amazon has it ..

Capt Mike

9. John Peake

John Peake Angler

10. Big E

Big E Angler

I agree with everyone. I enjoyed the book. I've also had the fortunate pleasure of going to Washington College, being in the same fraternity, and playing rugby with Brett along with, of course, fishing. That is before he moved schools to the enemy. He's a great guy and I've always enjoyed his writing from the early days of World Wide Angler to this book. I caught my fist fish on the fly in an Eastern Shore farm pond with him which is always a great memory. Great book and a worthy read to any Chesapeake fisherman.

-Evans